Landmark for Gartland
Brian Gartland’s first half header against Shelbourne on Friday night was the 50th goal of his career and came against the club who he scored his first for in a 2-2 draw with Kildare County on March 9th 2007. It was his 37th goal in total for Dundalk and his 30th in the league for the club.

50th league goal for Duffy
Michael Duffy scored the 50th SSE Airtricity League goal of his career with his opener on Friday night. His first also came against Shelbourne at Tolka Park on June 8th 2013 when Derry City won 1-0.

Sloggett on target
Greg Sloggett scored the goal that clinched the win last time Dundalk won away to Finn Harps back at the start of March and his strike against Shelbourne on Friday was the one that got them back to winning ways. It was the 11th goal of his career, his second against Shelbourne and first at Oriel Park.

Rare winning start for new boss
Filippo Giovagnoli became the first Dundalk manager since Ian Foster in March 2010 to win their first league game in charge of the club. You have to go back to 1996 when John Hewitt’s Dundalk had a 1-0 win over St Patrick’s Athletic to find the last time a new manager won their first league game at Oriel Park.

Good record continues
Since 2013 Dundalk have lost just one of their 36 games against promoted teams with 31 wins. The one loss was agaisnt Waterford FC in 2018.

New club record
Dundalk’s win over Shelbourne on Friday night marked a new club record of 26 home league matches without defeat. This surpassed the previous record of 25 which ran from 2013 to 2015. 

McCarey starts
Aaron McCarey was brought into the side on Friday night for just his 10th Dundalk appearance since joining from Warrenpoint. It was also just his second league start. His last came last October in the 1-0 defeat away to Cork City. For the first time in 10 years and 10 months (3,959 days to be exact), McCarey and Brian Gartland started a league game together. The last time they did so was November 10th 2009 when Monaghan Utd beat Wexford 3-0 at Gortakeegan. The referee that night, like Friday, was Paul McLaughlin.